- Trekking in Nepal
from $ USD
Everest Short Trek is designed especially for those who wish to blend themselves in the majestic beauty of Everest Region with limited time. The trek dazzles all the adventure lovers with sublime views of Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Ama Dablam and many other peaks. This trek provides a splendid introduction to Sherpa country and is also popular for first time trekkers in Nepal.
Everest short trek is a moderate trek best suited for those who do not have enough time for longer treks into the high mountains.
Activities:Trekking in Nepal
Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2886m.) takes about 35 minutes. Trek from Lukla to Phakding (2640 m.) takes approximately three hours. We begin our trek from Lukla following a gentle climb up the mountainside on the left bank of the Dudh Koshi River. Nupla (5885m) which can be seen in the distance on the opposite bank, is a peak atop the Kongde Ridge. We descend a mountainside path that merges into our route to Everest, with views to a valley to our right; and at its far end, Kusum Kang (6367m.) Stay overnight at lodge.
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m.) takes approximately five hours. Namche Bazaar (3440m) is surrounded on three sides by mountain ranges and opens out only where it faces the Bhote Koshi. Stay overnight at lodge.
A day for rest at Namche Bazaar (3440m.) for acclimatization. It is an ideal place to spend a rest day for acclimatization to the high altitude before heading off towards Tengboche. For acclimatization we walk up to Khhumjung where we can visit a monastery. We can also enjoy the splendid views of Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Nuptse, Lhotse, Tawche, Kwangde and so on. Or we can take an hour's walk up to Syangboche (3800m.) where Everest View Hotel is situated above Namche for outstanding views of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Kusum Kangaru. Stay overnight at lodge.
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2886 m.) it takes about six hours. The last day of our trek leads from Namche Bazaar via Monjo to Lukla. The trek is pleasant, except for few short uphill climbs and then down to the Bhote- Koshi River crossing it three times. The last uphill climb of 45 minutes will bring us to Lukla for our overnight stay.
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu takes 35 minutes. We take an early morning flight back to Kathmandu. Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Includes & Excludes
- A trekking guide
- Accommodation in tea houses (lodges) during the trek
- Airport pick up and drop off services
- Airport tax at Kathmandu domestic airport and Lukla airport
- All land transportation (from hotel to airport & from airport to hotel)
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Entry Permit for Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park
- Flight tickets from Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu
- Necessary insurance for trekking staff
- Porter/s (1 porter can carry up to 25kgs of luggage)
- Sleeping bag and down jacket if required
- Trekkers' Information Management system (TIMS) card
- Drinks, beverages, hot shower, etc.
- Hotel accommodation & meals in Kathmandu
- Nature of personal expenses
- Required trekking equipments
About your leader
Departure Dates for Everest Short Trek - 5 days
Trip reviewsWrite a Review No reviews yet. Be the first and write about your experience by clicking the Write a review button above.
Why travel with us
Best Selling Packages for 2020/21